Tuesday 19 October 2010

T5 Windows - Tinting

So following on from having windows added to the T5. I went, today, to get extra tinting added. They just weren't dark enough! Although the windows are blacked, they were just way too see-through. There's no way the Nicster would be jumping in and out of the wetsuit in there.

I phoned around a bit and everybody was asking silly money for it - in excess of £200! The reality was that I just wasn't going to get it done. Me man Steve suggested I give the chap who did his a call (Mark @ Stadium Sunroof Centre). He quoted a much more sensible price. In the end, I went to Russ in Bilston @ Kustom Tints. Nice lad and again has charged sensible money. He knew what he was doing and the finish looks real good.

Took probably no more than an hour and they are proper black now! So, I now need to leave it alone for 5 days and can then give them a wipe over. The tints are added with a life guarantee - so no issues (if there are any) in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails